Sick :(

McTurtle

My dragon boy came down with ich. I treated him with Betta Revive (In a small container floating in his old tank to keep the temp up/ constant) and he has come around. He was very poorly at the start. He wouldn't swim and when he did come up for air his swimming was very erratic. I boosted the temperature up from 25C to 29C over a day and he is now (a week later) much improved. I was doing daily changes of his water because his treatment tank was only a liter. I scrubbed out the 5 gallon tank he was in with salt, rinsed with boiling water and then filled the tank to float his treatment tank in. I treated the 5 gallon with Rid-ich plus to kill any parasites in the empty tank that escaped cleaning. I repeated the 5gallon tank cleaning yesterday (6 days later). I then filled the 5 gallon tank with 2.5 gallons of water, treated it with Betta revive and let my guy swim. (No more treatment tank). I've treated my other betta tanks with Rid Ich plus too, just in case the ich had spread. So, all my bettas have been treated with Rid-ich for ~5 days and then have been treated with Betta - Revive the past 3 days. They are all swimming and acting normally, however both my dragon boy and my crowntail boy have white fuzz on their tails. The crown tail boy has the worst case. The fuzz trails of the end of his rays, but I don't see any on his body. The Betta Revive doesn't seem to be helping. Neither have any white on their bodies. I thought the Rid-ich + was supposed to eliminate fungal infections as well, (Ingredients are formaldehyde and malachite green), but it hasn't done anything. The Betta revive also claims to cure all types of infections (neomycin sulfate, methylene blue, malachite green chloride), but I don't see any anti-fungal in there. I tried looking up similar cases and I think it might be columnaris. So I'm going to go buy some kanamycin sulfate. The treatment I found is 250-500mg per 20 gallons for 10 days. Does that sound right? If it is fungal, the local fish store guy suggested I try Pima-fix. I'm wary because I've read many many times that betta-fix & mella-fix organics coat the labyrinth organ, preventing the betta from breathing properly and end up being fatal.

Sorry for the long post! So to sum up - 1) does kanamycin sound like the right treatment? 2) What's the best anti-fungal for bettas?

Any input would be very much appreciated!

Edited by McTurtle