Hello New From Edmonton

huhsleepysteven

Hi, i just found this site im from edmonton ive always been using the GTA fourms someone there told me about here. I had fish along time about but never had time to really take care of them so i stopped having them now that im done school and have alittle more time im starting a 20g shrimp tank find the little guys really interesting.

I didn't know there were shrimp that change color! I want one XD and I'm jealous of the Vampire shrimp! Been wanting one, but can't seem to get past the price of them lol I've had shrimp for about a year, and I still have trouble keeping them alive >.< Some of those shrimp might interbreed and create wacky hybrids, which isn't a bad thing, just you'll likely end up with a tank with shrimp covering all the colors of the rainbow lol I'd love to see some pictures! :)

this is the color changing one its a dark green right now sometimes its blue,black,clear

ok that didnt work haha silly me when i find out how to post a picture i will show you guys

should be working this time >.<

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/20/img20111118151846.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/828/img20111118175958.jpg/

Edited by huhsleepysteven

I love that green!! I bet it looks better in person, I wish I could see it! Have any of the other shrimps? ^_^

Using site's like imageshack and photobucket are always best on this site.

The bigger one in the first post is really nice! It's colored like a nice light honey. What shrimp would that be? The orange?

Do you know what the plant is in the second picture? In the bottom left corner.

Have any of them started to breed yet? If they mix breed I'd love to see what the shrimplets look like! :)

That's okay :) Glad to hear their breeding! I wish mine would breed...I've apparently got stubborn shrimp. No on wants to breed for me lol Only thing I got breeding are my Endlers, and they're livebearers...though if I couldn't get them to breed then I'd be ashamed of myself lol Hopefully after I add a spawning mop to my 55g something will lay eggs in it. I love raising fry and shrimplets ^_^

• 1 month later...