Ick

Oneiroid

I am looking for suggestions on a safe and effective treatment for the following fish:

Apistogramma gephyra

Julidochromis marlieri

Aequidens curviceps

In particular, is there one treatment that would be safe to use on all three?

Please help! Thanks!

My puffer tank has been hit with ich. Literally overnight they went from two of the happiest fish in the sea, to the most miserable finned things in water.

My first reaction was sort of right based on what I have read in this thread... dosed the tank with a premix of meds (betta cure-all but it's the only thing I had and sure worked like a charm last time) and salt. I don't run carbon in that tank so I didn't even have to fool with it. Stuck a heater in the tank and slowly raised it from the 76 it was at to about 85-86. Lowered the water level to agitate the water... then came on here to read up on it to see what else can be done. Looks like I wasn't too far off the mark... as I erred on the side of overkill.

I now know several things... one: the cause of death of my unknown pleco last week... two: that the tiny little white spots on my mopani wood I noticed last week was actually the ick (didn't think anything of it, this tank is VERY established and various creaturse of nearly microscopic size can be seen on the glass and in the water constantly) ... and three: when a dwarf puffer gets hit, it REALLY gets hit. Must have something to do with being scaleless, but it's all over the female, every fin, every surface is affected in some way, even her mouth. The male is similarly affected but to a lesser degree.

Nasty stuff... just nasty. Not sure if she's going to make it through this, tho... it's all she can do to eat a small bite of food.