Cories Lost Whiskers

kindasleepy

I have three cories, one peppered who still has his whiskers, and two Julliis that are both missing they're whiskers. I have normal smooth gravel in the tank and nothing sharp. It's all plants and driftwood in there. I mentioned it at work and one of my co-workers has the same issue with her panda cories. What would cause this?

Barbel erosion, I believe, is I have corys on various different substrates and I really believe the erosion issue is unrelated.

I've had some that lost barbels and grown them back, back before I went over to the Salt Side.

I'd just step up on the frequency of water changes to keep the water fresh and if the issue persists consider treating with an antibiotic.

Jeff

Barbel erosion. Interesting. I hope they come back, they look a bit odd without them. It's weird that the peppered is ok. *shrug*

Oh no! That wasn't a "I don't believe this clown" sort of interesting. It was genuinely interesting. :D I really need to edit myself before I hit the post button.

Oh no! That wasn't a "I don't believe this clown" sort of interesting. It was genuinely interesting. :D I really need to edit myself before I hit the post button.

Sure it wasn't....lol Now if only people could edit themselves in real life before talking, then it would be a perfect world...