Cichlid Tank

shanks

Hey everyone, I am looking to start a large cichlid tank. at least 150 gal but hopfully bigger. If anyone has a tank for sale let me know. Also, if you have any reccommendations for types of fish that i could try can you let me know.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

mbuna

yellow labs,demaisoni,acei - because the males and females are equally attractive.

haps

all male- because the females are dull with very few exceptions and they are far too aggressive when breeding.

I've really had the urge to get back into Africans again. If only I could talk my wife into it.....good luck whatever you decide.

• 3 weeks later...

Huge tanks means put a ton of cichlids everything all male Malawi cichlids and put some moba its pretty awesome!

• 4 months later...

I find it so hard to find information on stocking a tank, everything I read contradicts everything else. My wife wants demasoni, labs, bumblebees and auratus. Some say yes, some say no, pet store will happily take my money :( I think...boo. Just realized this thread is 5 months old. /endpost.

I find it so hard to find information on stocking a tank, everything I read contradicts everything else. My wife wants demasoni, labs, bumblebees and auratus. Some say yes, some say no, pet store will happily take my money :( I think...boo. Just realized this thread is 5 months old. /endpost.

Thanks ok! Sounds like your wife likes Mbuna. If you look at my posts you will see what i have done with the tank so far. It is a Tanginikan tank and if you show your wife the Frontosa i have in there and she likes them i hae a few for sale!