New Start!

ApexMortgage

Hey Guys and Gals,

I am happy to join this site as I think it will bring a lot of help... I have been running a 75g tank for a few years now with some fish combinations that I don't think really worked (well they worked for a long period) here is what I had in the tank:

• Large Red Devil (started small)
  • Medium Leporinus
  • Large and a medium Clown loach
  • Electric Blue (i think i will download a picture and maybe someone can confirm or correct)
  • Medium Plecco
  • Electric Yellow (did not last long after I put him in)

I recently had to remove the Red Devil and Leporinus and my tank instantly calmed down (either the Red Devil or Lepo eat the medium Clown loach). So now all i have is a Plecco, Electric Blue and a large Clown Loach.

I know I will need a few more Clown loaches but i would appreciate some ideas as to what i can fill the tank with in order to achieve color and Exoticness....

Thoughts?

And if anyone has anything they are looking at parting with I may be interested?

Cheers,

Ben Leclair

post-5796-0-57950300-1336924274_thumb.jpg

post-5796-0-76821200-1336924282_thumb.jpg

Edited by ApexMortgage

Color is easy if you're going with an African Cichlid themed tank but exotic-ness isn't sadly. What colors were you looking to add?

One problem is that lots of Africans that may go well with your "Electric Blue" will beat the crap out of your loaches as well as your pleco (I knew it doesn't seem likely but they will). Your best bet with Africans is to overcrowd slightly and once you achieve the proper balance they're likely to take out the non-cichlids in the tank.

Hello Jeremoose,

Thanks for the information, the clown loaches are definitely the most important fish in my tank and would like to accommodate to them… I was under the impression that the clown loaches were compatible with more aggressive fish like the cichlids… what fish other then cichlids would bring both color and good all around movement? I was thinking maybe some catfish for the bottom but unsure about what I can bring for the middle/ top floaters.

Cheers,

Hello Jeremoose,

Thanks for the information, the clown loaches are definitely the most important fish in my tank and would like to accommodate to them… I was under the impression that the clown loaches were compatible with more aggressive fish like the cichlids… what fish other then cichlids would bring both color and good all around movement? I was thinking maybe some catfish for the bottom but unsure about what I can bring for the middle/ top floaters.

Cheers,

To be honest I would add some OB Peacocks and some Strawberry Peacocks to your setup. They're pretty mild Africans (temper-wise) and have some pretty striking coloration.

143.jp_790319c160.jpg

4849174885_5b43ffb2da.jpg

Hey Guys and Gals,

I am happy to join this site as I think it will bring a lot of help... I have been running a 75g tank for a few years now with some fish combinations that I don't think really worked (well they worked for a long period) here is what I had in the tank:

• Large Red Devil (started small)
  • Medium Leporinus
  • Large and a medium Clown loach
  • Electric Blue (i think i will download a picture and maybe someone can confirm or correct)
  • Medium Plecco
  • Electric Yellow (did not last long after I put him in)

I recently had to remove the Red Devil and Leporinus and my tank instantly calmed down (either the Red Devil or Lepo eat the medium Clown loach). So now all i have is a Plecco, Electric Blue and a large Clown Loach.

I know I will need a few more Clown loaches but i would appreciate some ideas as to what i can fill the tank with in order to achieve color and Exoticness....

Thoughts?

And if anyone has anything they are looking at parting with I may be interested?

Cheers,

Ben Leclair

Nice tanks