Fish Problems In 100 Gal

riverpirate

well recently got into some troubles in my tank. A while back I got some assassin snails to deal with my ramshorn snail problem. Now I have a ton of them. I see hundreds of little assassins all over my tank. I heard they didnt breed as crazy but, I am running flourite and they seem to like dwelling in there.

The problem lies in the fact that I have some apistos in there that I would like to breed. I am concerned that the snails will go for the eggs. I would add loaches, but have had real bad luck with them, and the fact that they would go for the eggs as well.

So I think my real option is to get some pea puffers to keep these little guys under control.

Does anyone know of a good source for pea puffers ? and how many would be recomended for control in my tanks? I also am battling the same issue in my 30 gal, and my friend next door is fighting ramshorns.(giving him some assassins).

Thanks guys

I would happily take a handful, but Red Deer is a little far to drive for me on my own. You could mail me some if you want ;)

No idea about the pea puffers. Have no experience with them. Only good source to get them that I can think of is Aquarium Central...I think they have puffers...or I could be imagining things. I honestly can't remember.

Well, stopped by petland today and I lucked out. they had recently gotten in a bunch. Ended up buying six for the 100g and 2 for the 30g . Right away they went to town munching lil baby snais.

Really got to set up a quarntine tank in a hurry. Just got to convince the woman to let me have one more little tank :)