Large and heavy tanks.

Oneiroid

Yes, there was a miscommunication about the size of the tank, so we are back up over 160g. But that's good!

Thanks for all the replies folks! I am feeling MUCH more comfortable about the impending plan. And you know, as I was looking at the library we have in one of the bedrooms right now, that has got to weigh something comparable to a few hundred gallons. And this 40 year old house has not collapsed yet. Yes, we have many books.

I will post again when I finally decide on the tank... maybe some pics too. Not sure when exactly. First I have the task of transporting 8 tanks and setting up the fishroom in the new house. Should start eating large quantities of spinach.

And you know, as I was looking at the library we have in one of the bedrooms right now, that has got to weigh something comparable to a few hundred gallons. And this 40 year old house has not collapsed yet. Yes, we have many books.

Nah...you've just started....my house is about 75 years old and I have (at last count) about 12,000 books....but to be fair, most are stored in boxes in the garage and storage. :lol: At least I rid myself (a rare thing) of close to 2500 National Geographic magazines this summer....I loved em, but moving them is a nightmare.

Just started? I was referring to only one of the libraries (you are not the only academic on this board). And don't get me started on the volume of music and war-games...

This move is going to be a real treat.

Edited by xerxes

Just started? I was referring to only one of the libraries (you are not the only academic on this board). And don't get me started on the volume of music and war-games...

Well I have 3 CD'S, 4 DVD'S and a few fish magazines. Imagine moving that!!!!!!!!! lol B)

You certainly have me on the latter...I have very few games of any sort (mostly mancala, chess, go, etc), and only perhaps 1100 CDs (and a fair-sized box of cassettes and some vinyl packed in a box somewhere) and maybe a grand total of 175 DVDs (mostly classic horror). My dread comes in ever moving the aquaria...last time I moved, I had about 50 less tanks than I have now.

Ha. I have dread of moving the aquaria, but luckily not a huge many.

Incidentally (and I guess this is still sort of on topic), any suggestions or tips on fishroom arrangments? I have picked up a number of heavy-duty shelving units to arrange a wee fishroom in the basement. Since I have not set it up yet - that is on Friday - I'd not mind any helpful hints and tips from those who have experience in fishrooms. Anything you found that did or didn't work, or any general pointers would be great.

If this has already been discussed in another thread, can someone direct me to it?

Thanks.