Introduction To Rainbowric's Journal

Rainbowric

Many of you know of me now ... and many of you have obtained fish from me in the past. In addition there has been a number of breeders that have started up in Western Canada that have obtained stock from me .....actually I have shipped fish all over Canada to breeders. I have bred over 40 species of Rainbowfish, some that are quite difficult and others that do it quite simply on there own. :) There is not much challenge left in breeding Rainbowfish for me. The only challenge left for me is to restore some of the older severely inbred, weakened species that were once beautiful fish, and then maintain them. Recently I have become, with the assistance of some very good photography equipment, very intrigued with the hobby of photography as well. My time with breeding and raising Rainbowfish has become quite limited. I still breed a few species but considerably less then I have in the past. I hope with the information I will be posting in this section it will assist people that have started to keep and raise Rainbowfish to continue to enjoy this fish as much as I have over the years.

Rainbowric's Journal ...... What am I going to add to this journal?

Threads on specific species of Rainbowfish with pictures of course!

I will be starting threads on caring of Rainbowfish.....on breeding Rainbowfish....and obtaining Rainbowfish.

Threads will be directed on shipping of fish and obtaining specific supplies.

The latest information on new Rainbowfish to the hobby. ie.. the stripped praecox has been collected and will be distributed next year.

And of course "Photography of fish"....and not just Rainbowfish!

I welcome posts from other Rainbowfish owners but also urge many to PM me to discuss there comments before posting them in this section. Since I am the only one that can start a thread in my Journal, if anyone has something of interest that they would like me to post, please PM me and we can get started on it! I hope that every post can be of interest to all. I hope to start a breeders thread so that people will know who has what fish and where and when they might obtain them. Breeders will be welcome to post in this thread.

Sincerely

Ric

--------------------------------

"Melanotaenia boesemani from Lake Aytinjo"

M_boes_Aytinjo_t.jpg

The Aytinjo variant does have stronger colours!

Edited by Rainbowric