Fish Id: Freshwater 1" Slender Body, Yellow Fins & Pair Of Antenna Like Fins On Top

cainechow

So I was in Pisces a couple of weeks back and one of their freshwater display tanks has those fish in it. I asked a couple of people in the shop if they could tell me what fish that was but none could pass. I tried to get some pictures but my phone camera isn't good enough to catch them w/o blur.

Any one have any ideas? the most striking thing about them are the two antenna like fins on top.

I'd like to eventually get some when my rasboras finally all jump out of my tank.

Pseudomugil Gertrudea is me guess. But trying to discribe a fish with text is like trying to discribe your hair style over the phone.

Give more details please. Length, color, eye color and patterns etc. and we will try

Good guess! Close.

Related apparently to Pseudomugil Furcatus which is what I saw. I tried googling every keyword I could think of :P... I would have never found it if you hadn't suggested Pseudomugil Gertrudae.

Also known as a Fork Tail Rainbow Fish?

410_Forktail_Rainbow_Forktail_Blue-Eye_Rainbow_Blue-Eye_Rainbow_Furcata_Rainbow_Pseudomugil_furcatus.e.jpg

(Credit where it is due. I totally just linked this pic from fishaliciousfish.blogspot.com)

Now I know to ask for it. Too bad the ones at Pisces aren't for sale right now. I'll have to put my name down for them to call if they get more. They are very cute with those little fins on top.

th_P1130824.jpg

Here is a link to the krill fines I use. The photo shows acurately the coral colour of the product ; although I believe it to be golden.

http://www.allnatura...or_recipes.html

Almost all the photos I see on line of blue-eyes are yellow fish. Take a look through my photobucket account. My fish and their offspring show a beautiful gold/orange glow.

Aside from occasional collected live food, all my wet friends have been on All natural pet care food of one variety or another for the last few years. As far as my own children know, all fish food is produced by Canada Post ; when we are running low the letter carrier brings more!!

I could go on; but there is no need. As luck would have it the proprieter/master chef of that company is a registered member here on this site.

Drop http://albertaaquati...bers][sortDir]= Melody a line. Great folk. Not often you get to chat with the person building your fish food !

I thought I recalled more recent activity ; but one could always find her here.

http://www.canadiana...ction/?a=6&b=59

Not sure how long the link will hold - but it does work today.

I use krill mostly as the body for homemade (fish) food. It is also excellent for tiny fry and is also now nearly % 100 of my red chery shrimp diet.

When using it straight up - I just dash it in.

The product has the appearance of seasoning salt - perhaps slightly finer. Like a true Albertan I keep mine in a Hy's salt shaker.

Bouyant neutral. On calm water it will hold to the surface, once it breaks the tension it will circulate lazily down the column.