Melanotaenia Trifasciata " Wonga Creek "

Rainbowric

Melanotaenia trifasciata "Wonga Creek" .....quite popular in the USA. They regard it as there Red, White, and Blue Rainbowfish. Actually they figure in the USA that it is the second most popular trifasciata as I indicated in the Running Creek thread, I thought it would be third with the Running Creek second and the Goyder River first here in Canada. They all have similar personalities when it comes to sparing with other males and being a show off. The Goyder River is the biggest showoff of them all though! :)

It is hard to get a decent picture of this fish and if you google them on the web you will not see many good pictures. My two pairs are in with two pairs of Goyder River, 1 pair or Running Creek, and my two, two year old boesemani. They are a little smaller and far from being the dominant fish in the tank. However they are gettting a little more bolder as they are a bigger fish then the Goyder River and are getting close to the same size.

Below is a picture of one of my males....

trifasciata_wonga_creek_h.jpg

And of course a female who's colors arn't quite as bright and like most females of other species of Rainbowfish the fins are shorter.

trifasciata_wonga_creek_g.jpg

I am looking forward to the day when they will start to challange my Goyder River and then see some real colors come out of this species!

trifasciata_wonga_creek_c.jpg

They make a great display when combined with other trifasciata's, showing lots of energy sparring with each other all day. Hopefully in a couple of months they will be sparring with the 2 Goyders that are in the same tank with them now.

goyder_river_j.jpg

Even now though they are pretty nice to watch and still have a good attitude!

trifasciata_wonga_creek_f.jpg

Hope you have enjoyed!

Best regards

Ric

--------------------------------

"Melanotaenia boesemani from Lake Aytinjo"

M_boes_Aytinjo_t.jpg

The Aytinjo variant does have stronger colours!