Beginner In Yyc

RW99

Haha. Ok so here are some easy facts to consider.

The larger the tank, the more stable it is. Larger water changes, but less frequently.

Go look at a ton of fish. Figure out what you like, as ultimately the fish you want to keep will determine the size of tank you want to have. If you like guppies, you can keep it small. Like predators or fish with attitude you will need more space etc. maybe take a stroll through the photo section. Look around the Internet and hit a few stores.

Get the biggest tank your wife will allow. Most of us either don't have the space, or aren't allowed to access the space we have. This is a critical factor. Include her in picking fish because if she takes a fancy to the tank it will make your life far less complicated. Lol

Buy quality gear, as you will replace cheap stuff and end up spending more money in the long run.

Buy off Alberta Aquatica. Awesome deals can be found. If you don't see what you want, ask. I have had people send me messages after I posted a Looking For ad.

And the most important this is have fun

Edited by Jayba