C02 Tank Calgary Or Online

knickle22

The cheapest would be from another aquarist on forums like this. When I was looking, that is what happened to myself, bought from a member here. While I was in the market, I did phone the typical welding/fire-safety/wine-beer places in Calgary and found prices generally to be expensive and was ready to buy online.

If you want details, drop me a pm.

I'm also in the market for a CO2 tank. Did you happen to find anything? I've been calling around Edmonton like crazy and haven't found much yet. Oxygen Products has branches in Edmonton and Calgary, but they want $130 for a 5lb bottle. I read online that I can find them for as cheap as $40 but so far, no luck.

I've also read that fire extinguisher shops may be a place to look as well.

You won't find one "new" at a store for much less than $120 in my experience, I called everywhere I could think of and even called in buddy deals and I still ended up just renting one, I think it's $4/month.

Edited by blink

I think i just about have one found probably done deal by tomorrow, I well let you know the details if it goes through

I'm also in the market for a CO2 tank. Did you happen to find anything? I've been calling around Edmonton like crazy and haven't found much yet. Oxygen Products has branches in Edmonton and Calgary, but they want $130 for a 5lb bottle. I read online that I can find them for as cheap as $40 but so far, no luck.

I've also read that fire extinguisher shops may be a place to look as well.

got my tank from a guy on canreef, It is an exchange program with Oxypro Calgary (there is a branch in Edmonton) you just pay a deposit and each time you need to fill your tank, you hand yours in and they exchange for a full one, You just pay for the co2. I dont know how much the deposit is as i got a 3/4 full tank from someone. but he said about 30-45 to exchange for a full one.

I get my new tanks from the recharge center. I haven't found many tanks for less than $100 even used, and I have four myself. I like to own them outright though, I don't have any rentals all though I hear delivery can be nice.

When I called OxyPro in Edmonton, it was around $315 for the deposit and $10 per month, plus fills. And this was for a 5lb tank. I'm pretty sure I was talking to the guy at Aquarium Central (I've called probably two dozen places about this) who was talking about bringing some CO2 tanks in because there seems to be some demand but the prices seem to be a bit high.

• 4 weeks later...