Betta Spawning

Spinalcore

I finally managed to get a pic of 1 of the 2 Survivors.

1stBettaFry.jpg

Sorry about the quality. She was about 0.75" last weekend and is now about 1.25" as of today.

Here is a pic of the setup that I use for breeding bettas minus the Lantern Chimney. This is 24 hours after the current spawn in it hatched.

BettaBreederTank.jpg This is a pure Crowntail spawn.

Here is a pic of his bubble nest as it is at the moment.

Buublenest0912.jpg

I need a better cam to get pics of the smaller Bettas.

Update on Spawn 1:

They are both starting to get the father's white body and have the mother's Crowntail. They are almost the same size as my adults.

Update on spawn 5:

It has been 1 week since they hatched and there are Approximately 20 of them that are visible and swimming around they are starting to gain in size. They are roughly half the size Guppy Fry at the moment. They are currently more active than my previous spawns were at the same age before losing them.

Im just wondering but what to you condtion your pairs with and feed you fry with? Im setting up far a spawn and should have things started with in a week. Ill start my own thread on it so things can be compared. Sound like a good idea?

• 1 month later...

Update on Spawn 1:

The 2 survivors are doing well in the Biotope tank and getting some nice coloring in to them. They are now 4 months old and doing great. Nice Rays in their fins.

Update on Spawn 5:

I have 6-8 Survivors at this point they are now the same size as guppy juvies and are sharing a 10 gallon tank with the guppies. They seem to be doing really well and have survived the most difficult stage of their life as they are now around 6 weeks old and are doing good.

• 2 weeks later...

Update on Spawn 1:

The male from the spawn had died on me 2 days ago while I was at work. There are no signs of any thing wrong and I had just done a 25% water change a couple of days before. The female is still doing fine at the moment tho. (I had lost a female that I picked up at walmart the same day as he died but they were in seperate tanks she was alone. Then the next day my cambodian CT female and Opaque VT male died while I was at work.)

Update on Spawn 5:

I have 6 Survivors at this point they are still around the same size as guppy juvies and in a 2.5 gallon tank by themselves now. They seem to be doing really well and are now around 2 months old. Most of them are starting to get their coloring instead of being Transparent now. Their lines have been coming out for about a week now. 3/8th of an inch in size at this time.

Spawn 6 should be getting attempted in about 2-3 weeks.

More updates to come. (for you Smokey.) :beer: (I'm trying to really spark some more interest in Bettas and Gouramis. I'm not too sure how it is working tho.lol)

Edited by Spinalcore

• 2 weeks later...