Water Temperature

Curtis

Was playing around with the http://www.aqadvisor.com/ which is kinda cool. Was getting a water temp warning. In everyones experience how close to the recommended temp for each species do you have to be? Bang on or are most of these fish fairly hardy? A few species that at 25 or 26 C the min from one and the max for another have a gap of about 1 degree. Will this cause problems and having said that should I try to keep to the average comfortable temp for a group of different fish?.(Have not even consider plant temps :wacko: ...I feel a spreadsheet about to happen LOL )

I am posting this list for open debate LMAO (was originally in the main body but I had to attach it)

post-6180-0-22524200-1363758400_thumb.png

=> 16 - 26C: American Flagfish
=> 23 - 27C: Cherry Barb
=> 23 - 27C: Chili Rasbora
=> 21 - 27C: Cherry Shrimp
=> 25 - 30C: Boesemans Rainbowfish
=> 24 - 30C: Endler
=> 22 - 27C: Adolfo Cory
=> 19 - 28C: Panda Cory
=> 23 - 28C: Dwarf Gourami
=> 23 - 26C: Clown Killifish
=> 20 - 28C: Dalmatian Molly
=> 24 - 28C: Diamond Tetra
=> 23 - 26C: Rummynose Tetra
=> 23 - 27C: Silver Hatchet
=> 23 - 25C: Blackline Rasbora
=> 18 - 24C: Celestial Pearl Danio
=> 26 - 30C: German Blue Ram
=> 25 - 30C: Banded Archerfish
=> 8 - 25C: White Cloud Mountain Minnow
=> 25 - 30C: Gold Nugget Pleco L018

Settings were for adult fish

These warnings came up as well;

• Suggestion: If you want to keep more than 1 Dalmatian Molly, minimum recommend male to female ratio is 1:2 (M:F). You will be less likely to experience problem if you get even more females.
  • Note: Silver Hatchet may jump - lids are recommended.
  • Warning: Cherry Shrimp may become food for German Blue Ram.
  • Warning: Banded Archerfish requires brackish water.
  • Note: Gold Nugget Pleco L018 is a juvernile form of L085.

Thoughts? I thank everyone in advance for their comments

I would think you have a choice to make. Blue rams prefer warm. Corydoras and the minnows like cool. I usually find a temp in the middle, but at the same time I make a point of separating tanks into say 2 or 3 categories. Up to 24, 25-30 and 30+ degrees. Sure it would be nice to have it all, but someone will suffer for it usually. Pick a few, and do the others at a later date. Also, how big is the tank?

Thank you for the input Jayba. Its a 200 gal 68X26X26 with a built in overflow, 2 X 2" returns to a 55 gal sump. Had it up and running in the garage with this nicer weather as it needs a ton of cleaning. Was a saltwater tank and it is encrusted with algae (educated guess) and all kinds of colorful stuff LOL I know you can't have everything you want hence the post....was just playing around with that fish selector to see what might work. The rams were kinda far reaching for a community tank but as they seemed to be the "best" of that aggressive group of fish I thought they might fit in. Every pun intended as I thought I might just cast a line out there and see what I could catch :D I truly want to be successful at this and don't want to mess up. I am still months away from actually buying stock.