Hello From Cold Lake Ab

lornor

hello

so im a newbie to this hobby and I have 100 gallon tank that has cycled and I have four hermits and three turbo snails as my clean up crew, but my tank is being over run with hair algae and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on how to bring down my phosphate level. im getting tired of pulling algae out and it regrowing the next day.

Siamese Algae eater's are the answer. Had the same problem setting up a 75G. This is not a long term fish for a community set up though so be prepared to part with them. 3 or 4 juvi's should take care of the problem in about a month.

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you have lots of options for filter media. I hear Chaeto in a sump is good for sucking up extra phosphates if that is a viable option for you. Is it possible you are overfeeding?

I have only dabbled a little in the salt water so you might want to try the experts over at the Canreef forums.

@Ajanzen.. sounds like the poster has a saltwater tank... SAE would definitely not work in that tank! lol