Looking For A Few Models

GRIMM

Im looking to find someone in Edmonton who has a healthy reef tank with fairly neutral lighting (no crazy deep blues) willing to invite me over to take photographs. I was mostly interested in someone who had some Clown fish or Mandarin Gobies, but it definitely isn't a requirement. Overall tank health, and a range of inhabitants is most important. I would do this at a saltwater shop, but I find it awkward trying to set up a tripod and worrying about being in people's way. If I end up getting some print worthy shots, I will offer a 12x18 high end print of your favourite picture for free.

If anyone is interested, please EMAIL me and send me a link where I can see your tank. jgrimmier@gmail.com

Here is my flickr page for some of my other work. Thanks.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/justingrimmsphotos/

I would retain all photo rights of course. I am taking the pictures and its not like I would be doing it without the consent of the tank owner. I focus on macro work, so the tank itself will not be distinguishable in the photos. Mostly for hobby and gaining experience with underwater photography, but if someone wants a print down the road I wont argue with them if I feel a picture is of high enough quality. With enought time I can guarantee I will get shots that a tank owner would want to purchase and be proud to display on their walls though. I can also take full tank shots for anyone who wants me to. If someone is nice enough to let me in their home I will do favors for them also, hence my offer of a free large print.

I also talked to a few reef shops and unfortunately they were not receptive to letting me in prior to customer hours. I'll be heading to Marine Aquaria tonight to see what I can do during regular hours anyways for practice, and I'll chat with the owner too. Big Al's is just too busy and cramped right now with the construction going on.

• 2 weeks later...