Mollies In Your Tank

Larsen611

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I tried one once. Wasn't in the tank more than a few minutes before the clowns beat the hell out of him. I wanted to try one because I heard somewhere that they were great algae grazers. Unfortunatly, that is an old wive's tale.

I have 3 Dalmatian, 5 black, and 11 babies so far, and there doing fine. Mind you, I haven't put my clowns in yet, only have 2 blue chromis in, along with my shrimp, cleaner ones and peppermint, crabs and snails, ect. They are AMAZING at eating algae and cleaning the insides of my tank, all day it looks like they are kissing my tank, its adorable. Im going to have to get rid of a lot when I do get my other fish in(wasn't expecting them to be prego when I bought them, ugh! pretty neat that 11 survived, seeing as they were all feasting on the babies, was pretty nasty lol) I hope they get along, im sure the dalmation ones will, as they are pretty hardy and big, but the little black ones do most the cleaning, so id rather have those in. ps if you want any, give me a shout, ill give ya some for free ;)

• 1 month later...

yea they all adjusted well, although they were the first to die when my tank got infected with Marine velvet, I only have 3 baby Dalmatian mollies left. the clown fish survived, same with my dragonette, chromis, hippo tang(barely) and all inverts), my yellow tang was the first to go :(