New Swordtails

CatWhat

I finally managed to track down a place that had koi swordtails and that would ship across Canada. The final order I placed was 3 male koi, 8 female koi, 1 male tri color and 5 female tri color. They also through in 5 tri color fry that are I would say around 6 or so weeks old.

When they arrived they were ok shape but nothing good food and water won't fix and get them up to snuff. All adults are eating flakes, frozen brine shrimp and frozen bloodworms. I'm feeding the fry BBS and crushed flake.

I was wanting these color strains for some time now as they are hard to come by here on the island. So my plan is to breed them and raise the fry so I can sell them to LFS and give them to fellow hobbyist so they will become more popular and available in the area.

Here are a couple of videos of the new additions. I am after adding a couple of clumps of java moss to the fry tank for some cover for the fry.

th_video-2013-08-22-22-33-08_zps22a2d0e3

th_video-2013-08-22-22-35-29_zpsdc63445a

• 4 months later...