Demasoni Cichlid Tank Mate

HenryD

I have a 28 gallon tank and I would really like to keep a Demasoni cichlid (their color is just amazing!)!

I plan to keep only one Demasoni since I hear they like to be solo or in big groups.

Would I be able to put one more cichlid in my tank? Maybe an electric yellow lab?

Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Edit: Sorry, this should be in the African Cichlids forum...I posted here by mistake!

Edited by HenryD

I would just keep a male and a small harem of females (or just go pick up half a dozen)! That'll fill up the tank nicely. But if you're set on going with one Demasoni and one Yellow Lab, I'm certain that would work as well.

I would like to have a male and a harem of females...but since my tank is only 28 gallons, would that be too small to keep that many Demasoni? Thanks for the help!

I would just keep a male and a small harem of females (or just go pick up half a dozen)! That'll fill up the tank nicely. But if you're set on going with one Demasoni and one Yellow Lab, I'm certain that would work as well.

I would like to have a male and a harem of females...but since my tank is only 28 gallons, would that be too small to keep that many Demasoni? Thanks for the help!

6 Demasoni's in a 30g would probably be just fine assuming the filtration is good (300gph+). To limit aggression in an African (and even more so in an Mbuna tank), it's all about OVER-stocking to spread out the aggression.