Best Co2 Diffusion Method?

IronChefItaly

I first tried the wood stone method and set it up below the suction of my canister filter and didn't like it. I found many bubbles reached the surface and the bubbles that were pulled into the the filter seemed to build up inside the unit until the pump would cavitate and blast a bunch out of the spray bar all at once, making a loud racket.

I through in the towel on that idea and I've been using a Red Sea Reactor for the last 7 years, its a self contained unit that has its own power head. However, they only last a couple years and cost about $75 if you don't run them on a timer.

I recently found an inline reactor for the output of my canister filter, so I'm going to give it a shot. I like the idea because it seems nice and simple and keeps everything out of sight.

Anyone used one before?

http://www.tankscape.co.uk/co2-and-glassware/co2-atomizers/UP-Inline-CO2-Atomizer-12-16mm-(D-508-12)

I tried all methods I knew off, ladders, reactors,ceramic discs, wood, directing into powerhead, etc.

The one that I liked the best and got the best results from was a co2 atomiser. You can also get inline ones as stated by BowMaster.

This is one that I used on one of my tanks.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/super-CO2-diffuser-atomiser-planted-aquarium-for-plant-tank-S-/231020558572?pt=Decorations&hash=item35c9e5f8ec&_uhb=1

You can get different sizes rated for your size of tank. I had a 75 gallon tank. The bubbles off of this unit were so small and fine it was almost like a mist. Because of this I also used a lot less co2 and managed to get awesome results. I positioned it below my hydor powerhead so that any bubbles that managed to rise up before diffusing got swept up in the current and pushed throughout the tank.

Hope this helps, here is a pic of my tank with the atomiser on, it's coming from the black tube between the powerhead and the tall rock.

August142012036_zps5590e494.jpg