Twinstar

Moss

Yes.i have two of them. The twin star s for the shrimp tank. The super s for the 80gal tank. I assume they are doing their job, the water is clear until the twin star starts....no bacteria that I know of...so far so good.it does not stop all algae though...

• 1 month later...

It's been several months since I've used the twinstar super s in my 60 gal with 20 gal sump. the water is not as clear as when I had the uv sterilizer (on a smaller tank) but now I have some kind of fungal infection going on with my cories..I do a fifty percent water change weekly and must admit I'm not terribly impressed with the twin star..wondering if anybody else has similar concerns.i think my mistake was not quarantining the new cories prior to placing in tank..They were so beautiful and healthy looking.....am now thinking of going with another uv filter...however was under the assumption the twin star was so much better.any thoughts?

I have read up on this on many forums because I liked the idea of algae eliminator. From what I have read it is very popular in Asia and parts or Europe being displayed in almost every tank in stores and sales people push it on customers. As far as how well it works, I have read mixed reviews, with most people saying it is an expensive toy that doesn't really do much. Also it has a short shelf life and expensive refills/replacement parts. Others claim it works wonders. Because of such mixed reviews and price, I decided not to get it and hold out for more concrete research. It is relatively new to the market and over time it will either end up a gimmick or be seen as an amazing device. I tip my hat to those who have jumped in and purchased one to let the rest of us know their results.

I have a co2 tank, the super s is sold as a disease inhibitor.......supposedly as good as or better than a uv sterilizer....there are four or five different models at least two of them are sold as algae inhibitors though..