Angelfish Breeding - Attempt #4

DevonCichlid

Well its attempt #4 for my Angelfish pair. They really do breed like clockwork. I feed them normally for 2 weeks, at the end of the two weeks I switch to a frozen food diet and then do a cold water change about a half a week or week later and the eggs are laid within an hour.

The first two attempts were on a slanted piece of slate and the most recent two on an Amazon Sword plant.

The last batch lasted almost 3 days before they decided to chow down. The parents were actually doing a pretty good job of removing the white/fungus eggs and you could see them fanning the eggs quite often. I'm going to leave them almost completely alone this time around to see if I have spooked them at all and will be trying the night light idea to see if that makes any difference. Anyways just attaching a couple pics.

IMG_0565_zpsf0b6a803.jpg

IMG_0562_zps2b0474b2.jpg

Most commercially sold angelfish are not good parents.. You're better off to remove the eggs and artificially hatch them in another tank with some antifungal and 80 degree temps.