Electric Blue Rams

TigerLilly92

Hey guys,

I'm setting up a 55 gallon freshwater community aquarium. I feel like Rams wouldn't be easily seen but I want them anyways. What would you reccommend putting with them? I wanted to put Glowlight tetras in it. Everything else I keep changing my mind about. It's going to planted as well.

• 1 month later...

From my experience, dwarf cichlids don't really harass other fish unless they're spawning (then they chase off anything that comes close). If you're keeping several pairs I'd say it's quite likely to have interspecies aggression at some point in which case one or more cichlids will be pushed into hiding 24/7. To avoid this, I recommend 1 male and 1 or 2 females and for tank mates nearly any dither / schooling fish does great. In the past I've successfully kept cardinal tetras and glowlight danios with mine.

I have a blue rams in my 180g planted tank with rainbows, tetras, plecos, and cories and they do great. They are always swimming around all over the place and are highly visible all the time. They are a nice show piece for a community tank in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...