Need Identification On This Please.

Lorelei

If someone has an issue with snails over-taking a tank 99.9% of the time is due to excess food within the tank....the tank being overfed. If you have those issues, feed less.

Snails are a very important part in nature and imo that is what we're recreating is a slice of nature in a living room. As long as they don't get out of hand, do nothing. If you have greater numbers simply reduce tank feeding.

Assassin snails!! They will not over populate your tank and will eventually diminish the ramshorn's existence in your tank. But, BEWARE if you have shrimp, as I have recently discovered that shrimp are also on the diet of assassin snail!

Thanks for the info. Yes I was feeding too much I don't have many fish in that tank and they are small fish. I've cut back on the feed, and am cleaning the gravel every few days. A few wouldn't hurt but I hear they can get out of hand. I will get some assassin snails next trip to the city.