Ich

firestorm

So has anyone ever had their fish get ich after spawning? It's only affecting my 4 rainbows that were spawning but doesn't seem to be harming any of my smaller rainbows or penguin tetras and plecos. ....thought they were getting better yesterday but my 2 big males are covered today so that means it's time to go grab something stronger than using salt and higher Temps :( water quality is excellent as I recently tested that and do wc's twice a week to keep water clean for growing out my pleco babies

When I first setup my 120g with M. boesemani I got Ich and used Seachem Paraguard and it worked beautifully. I was worried about any treatments because of the S. petricolas I also had in there. Paraguard is a more expensive treatment but its chemistry is a safer and less stressful on the fish without compromising on efficacy. Just my 2c.

Thanks, I picked up some ich x today. .....didn't read this until now. It's weird because tank has been set up with no problems the last few months, used a seeded filter when I set it up. They were all breeding prolifically and then all of a sudden this terrible outbreak grrrr