Blue Acara

maligne

I have a pair of electric blue acara. They are alone in a 55 gallon tank and they try to breed on a regular basis. the female never actually produces eggs. I have read that techniques such as raising the water temp and introducing live food can help. I currently feed them NLS Cichlid and North fin community pellets. I do 50% water change once a week and they go crazy after the water change but still nothing. If any one can give me any advice it would be appreciated! Cheers

feed them more then usual blood worms etc and raise the temp a bit to simulate "spring"??? It seems that fresh/clean water stimulates them.I have had this happen many times.I also noticed if we are gone a lot the fish will lay eggs while we are gone,maybe they are stressed with more movement around them when were home? I even seen this behavior when I rearrange the tank.I've watched koi and goldfish in an outside pond start to mate after/during a big rain.Its definately linked to the fresh/clean water. I plan on doing a basement tank with a constant drip and over flow to promote this behavior.I have watched youtube vids on this set up and you never need to do water changes again.