Hi my name is....

Matteus

Hey everyone, my name is Matt. I’m new here but have been frequenting other global fish forums for a few months now. 

Im in Calgary and am a new member of the aquarium society here. A friend from there  actually referred me here. I just got back into fish keeping in December when my wife bought me a tank for Christmas. I warned her that she was unlocking Pandora’s box. 

I am am a big fan of big fish, so I started with a 70 gal bowfront. Then within a week or two needed a 30 gal hospital tank to house an Oscar that wasn’t doing well, only to lose the Oscar before I understood the cycle process. (I have learned much since then). A few weeks later ended up with a 180 and I have been having all sorts of fun ever since. 

The joys of starting a new hobby and learning lots of weird and wonderful new things. Good luck and perhaps you can consider buying a 300G tank for your wife, because nothing says I love you better than a bit tank :) 

Haha. I would love to. But the next upgrade means we either take out a wall or move to a bigger house. The later is more likely so I will refrain from taking out the wall for a fish tank to maintain resale value of our current home.