Lighting

WOW! 36" deep I would think is a bit of a prob. for clams. IMO you better consider 400W MH (2 of these lights, I guess-not sure of the tank footprint), and hope you can aquascape those guys up from the bottom at least 6 more inches.

I know it has been criticized that I am going 30" deep on my next tank-seems 24" is preferable. But I want 30" :lol: Just means 400W, and see what happens

Interesting, custom 180G.

Well being that it is going to be 36" deep - you have no choice really other that 400w lamps, the question remains as to whethe or not you will need two or three.

Check out Canreef.com for some custom lightning options and perhaps try this post there aswell, as there are some good people on there.(Not counting the ones of you who come over here aswell) :rolleyes:

If you are going to place the clams higher up on some rocks just remember that clams do move if they are unhappy. Suggestion, try wedging them inbetween two rocks.