("Hard water") ram's and Appistos

maligne

Hey all. Iv posted a lot on here recently and have not really generated a lot of discussion but I would really like to get an opinion on this. I went to a local fish store today and they had two types of fish labeled Blue Rams and they had some apisto cacatoidis. ( not sure about spelling).. this fish where all labeled and being sold as captive bred "hard water" adapted fish. Has any one seen that before? Is this just a sales tactic? 

My PH is 7.4. 30 gallons empty and almost fully cycled. So I'm thinking about purchasing some. I don't know how much I trust this store though.

Iv always wanted to keep Apistos.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Have seen captive bred before but never any fish called out as being hard water adapted. perhaps they mean they are locally bred. You could always ask the shop. That being said if you were to go back there and the fish seem to be doing ok I would imagine they should be healthy enough to adapt to your tank since the shop is using the same municipal water. I will be wanting some apistos as well soon.