Hi!!

chloeclose

Hi, I am from South Edmonton been here for 7 years before that I lived in Red Deer for 12 years, before that I lived in Lac La Biche for 12 years.

I have been keeping fish for about 3 years now. It all started with one betta. Quickly became a Bettaholic... I currently have 8... 6 males and 2 grrrls.

I then moved on to bigger tanks. My first tank is a 55g. It is heavily planted... 3 wpg. Mostly stem plants(alternanthera, various hygros, rotala wallicihi, egeria densa, ludwigia etc) bacopa anubias nana reg and petite, vallisneria, java fern, 1 giant sword, and dwarf sag. I plan to add a whole lot more in the near future trying ones I've never had the guts to try before. PLANTS ROCK!!

It houses 2 angels, Dwarf Neon Rainbows, Black Fin cories, 3 SAE's, otos, Silvertip Tetras and Diamond Tetras. I am just in the process of figuring out my new pressurized CO2 thingy... nope I am definitely not technical in any way shape or form!! LOL

I also have a 50g that houses 8 juvie angels. I raised them myself. Didn't really know what I was doing but it was a wonderful learning experience. Watching the fry develop was thrilling! This tank is currently being aquascaped, I hoping to keep this one fairly low tech and so far have planted with crypts, anubias and some lower requirement stems. This tank is 2 wpg.

I have 6 3g 'tanks' for bettas, non-cycled, 100% w/c only. I have 2 cycled divided 10g's housing 2 bettas each. Hoping to get more 10 g's but having trouble affording them... ;)

I am also very into furry critters, I have a cocker spaniel and 2 cats. I am also a dog groomer, have been for 9 years. I have my own small business.

I just recently took a course at Norquest in Dental Admin. and am currently trying to find full-time employment in this field.

So that's me!! B)

CC:)

Welcome to the board :D

Sounds like you really like plants :P I used to have a fully planted 58g but a haorrible case of BBA made me totally reconsidered if plants were worth it. Now its mostly dirftwood and Java ferns with crypts(my favorite plants).

I also have a 15g planted tank, which is a much easier to manage size for a planted tank IMPO.

DO you have any pics?

Yep, plants are great!! Well the aquatic variety is!! I have a real brown thumb when it comes to terrestrial plants... prolly 'cuz I forget to water them! :P :rolleyes:

I don't have any good pics at the moment and I lent my camera to my brother... if I ever get it back I will post some... promise!

CC:)

Welcome

I'm glad to see another betta fan on here. I currently have 2 Males and 3 females and my GF has the 2 males and 1 Female. Even my mom has 3 males and wants me to try bredding her's for her now that I have started breeding mine.

I have to agree that planted aquariums are great all of mine are partially planted. More plants to come as I get my hands on them. I currently Have Java moss and fern, Cabomba, Wisteria, Duckweed and Some kind of Val or Stag.