10G critter suggetions

JHG

I have a 10G tank running at the moment with Blueleg hermit crabs (x3) and a few Astraea snails for critters. What, if anything else would you recommend I could include. Thanks for your help.

J

Edited by JHG

Ill second the sexy shrimp. i have half a dozen in my 150 and they always catch peoples attention.

I have two cleaner shrimp in my 7g minbow that will readily climb on my fingers and do their thing the moment my hand is in their water. Great for introducing people to the hobby, or to pass the time when your board :)

Pom pom crab comes to mind as well...

• 2 weeks later...
JHG, do you think you can post a photo of your tank just for kicks? I've always been interested in invertebrates, and marine species seem so much more diverse and colorful.

There's a picture of my 10G tank on my website when I first set it up. Check my sig for the addy.

I have an abalone in my 10 gal - don't see him too often, but he is very cool! My other favorite is a vermitid snail - they attach their shell to something solid, usually the rock, and build their shell up in a cylindar. Fun to watch them go fishing with their mucus strands. For sure get a sexy shrimp! Also a porcelain or anenome crab - they have those nifty fans to catch food.