Hi from Lethbridge

Chewere

Hi Everyone,

Just a little about the fish and tanks I have.

I love Cichlids but my only problem is I need a large tank.

1 33 Gallon Long Lake Malawi Tank

-Electric Yellows, rusty, Ngara flametail, ps. Aurora, perlmuts, acei

1 33 Gallon Tall Lake Victoria Tank

-Zebra Oblidequens, Hippo Point Salmon, Pundalmilia Nyerei, Otter Point Peacock (just temporary but breeding well in this tank)

1 25 Gallon South American Tank

-2 Firemouths, 2 rams, 32 Pundamilia Nyerei fry ( just temporary),

1 20 Gallon Shell Dweller Tank

-6 Multies, 3 occelatus "gold"

1 10 Community Tank

-Guppies, Hatchetfish, cories, tetras

1 20 Gallon fry tank

-30 yellows, 2 Brichardi's

1 10 Gallon fry tank

-30 "Otter Point" peacocks

As you can see, lots of fish, lots of tanks. I would like to trade all of these for my dream tank... 230 Gallon.

I am from Lethbridge. There is not a good selection of fish down here. It is worth the drive to pick up quality fish from Calgary at half the price. Most cichlids are 12-17 dollars.

Look forward to getting to know some of you and mabye making some conections for finding some "hard to find" fish that might be in my area.

Check out my tanks on Cichlid-Forum member "Chewere"

Chewere - Welcome to AlbertaAquatica. Good to see someone from Lethbridge, finally.

this will allow me to visit someone when I travel east. Members In Taber, Bow Island, Medicine Hat.

I'm in Blairemore. due west, hwy. #3. Gateway to the Rocky Mountains.

Yes, Lethbridge has some nice lfs. aND A COUPLE OF VERY DEDICATED HOBBIEST'S.

Who do you regulally visit . lfs's??? in leth.

If you are looking for a " LARGER TANK " there are a few options.

First - used, Calgary area - some always seem to be up for sell. :(

Second - buy new brand name. $$$.$$

third - e-mail me.

Smokey

Taber Budday right here,

If your from lethbridge then u must know that old fart bruce at Tropical Fish Imports. LOL. Its all good for you though i guess eh with a store full of africans. Want to do me a favour. Start hassleing him to get other fish in. Although is he holding an Angelfish pair for me. Sounds like you got some nice looking tanks. I would like to see them. If this is okay can i let you know when i am coming into lethbridge next and we can meet up? What kind of rams do you have. I got 2 longfin German BLues Pair. Maybe we can do some trading.

Hey Gents,

Ryan, I don't like Tropical Fish lmports because there is a lot of cross breeding happening in there which makes me not trust his fish. Second, he is way too expensive. As soon as you go to Gold's in Calgary, it's tough to buy fish anywhere else. It is really worth the drive.

Smokey, it would be nice to meet some fellow hobbyists. We should start some kind of fish club in the Southern AB for "south of Calgary". Think about it. What do ya think about that Ryan? Think you know a few people that would like to start a fish club down here??

Smokey, I will contact you and hear your ideas for a bigger tank.

Chewere: Good idea, HOwever - that is what the internet / sites like AlbertaAquatica is all about. I have friends all over the world; sharing the same interests.

Get involved with this site. Post new questions, suggestions, ideas.

Perhaps once a year: we - the members can get together for a "BBQ/BLOW-OUT.

After all, it is easy to travel in ablerta .lol..... B)

I have been working on the idea of starting up a Local fish club, Here in the 'Pass.

Most would have to travel from Pincher Creek and Fernie, and points in between.

AND trying to juggle a convient time.

So you see the distance a hobbiest here has to deal with. Mostly a 30 minute drive.

[it took 45 minutes just to get to the ACE meetings/ Edmonton, and I lived there.].

Wednesday's seem to be the day of the week most have open. Once a month is best.

AND trying to keep the club interesting; is the other major asset.

Edmonton and Calgary has a very large population to draw from. The ACE meetings would average 20 to 45 persons.!! Not a lot considering the amount of hobbest's in the city / outlying areas.

Besides - it takes me forever to get away..............

Smokey

But it is not too early to start planning such a get-together for the summer of 2005.

How about it members. ??!!!!

If some think it is an idea we could start a new TOPIC to discuss this .

Smokey

Ya i am all in for a fish club. Maybe we can do some planning here over the winter then when it is warmer we can have a BBQ. I think it is a good idea. If you dont go to TFI where do u vuy fish from in lethbridge or any of your aquarium supplies.