Hi from Calgary

KTV

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been an aquarist for about 10 years now. I use to have a 33 gallon community tank and a 110 gallon 'big fish' tank where I kept a 16" silver arowana, 2 albino giant gouramis, a ghost knife, and an alligator gar. After having all of them die off on me from neglect while I was in Uni I kinda lost the drive to keep fish. But now that school's over and I have some free time I'm finding a new found love for fish keeping.

I've now moved from the 'cool fish' mentality and am now trying to create a natural looking aquascape for my 110 gallon tank. Aquarium horticulture has also piqued my interest quite a bit and I am hoping that some of the veterans on here can give me a hand with growing aquarium plants.

Pictures will be coming as soon as everything is set up.

Looking forward my time on this forum.

KV

Welcome aboard. I have the same bug you have, when it comes to plants. i have been using a KISS method for sometime now. It has been effective on 10, 30, 50 and 150 gallon tanks. I also do alot of DIY stuff when it comes to plants and breeding of fish. Welcome again, and if can be of any assistance to you ,please feel free to contact me at anytime. :ml:

• 2 weeks later...