HOW TO: Post in the Gallery

Here is my first version of How To Post In The Gallery. I will update and amend it as time permits and additions are required. First post will just be a click-by-click guide to getting your first picture online.

Step one:

gal3.jpg

At the top of nearly every page, you'll see the link for your control panel. This is a great place to start with just about anything on the forum that is not a post, specifically... your PMs are in here, as well as your profile and signature.

Step two:

gal4.jpg

Inside and on the left-hand menu, you'll find this link. Simply select it and the right side will refresh with the next block.

Step three:

gal5.jpg

If you have not created a gallery yet, you'll see the invite to do so.

Step four:

gal6.jpg

In the Album Name field, please include the use of your USERNAME. The description is optional, and can be anything you'd like. Currently there is only one Category open so go with the default option. The next box is important, as without it checked off, no one else will be able to see your pictures (and that is sort of the point, after all...).

Then, click the Create Album button and the page will refresh!

Step five:

gal7.jpg

Once the page refreshes, it'll have this section to it, along with various details of your current Album. This drop-down menu is on the right hand side, and select "Upload Image"

Step six:

gal8.jpg

The image upload page has three sections. The top one titled Caption is where you can name your picture. If it's a picture of a fish, call it "Picture of a fish" or maybe you'll want to get just a LITTLE bit more creative...

Below that, you'll find a standard text entry area... here is your chance to tell the world something about your picture. Who it is, where it is, what it is... you decide.

Step seven:

gal9.jpg

This section is at the bottom of the page. Here is where you'll use the Browse button to find the picture in your computer that you want to upload. Mind the size of the picture, if you get an error it's probably too big. A good rule of thumb is no wider than 800 pixels, no taller than 600 pixels, and no more than 72 dpi. If you need help with this, send me a fast PM and I'll work with you.