Leaking bubble counter...M957A

cgmac

Has anyone had this problem ?

Can anyone advise me on how to fix this leaky bubble counter?

Is there any other liquid that can be put in this thing that would not be as viscous as water, so the leaking would maybe slow down ?

Pressurized co2 up and running now for one day and seems to be doing well. Sure is alot easier than diy.

:beer:

Thanks!

It is normal that some water from the bubble counter disappear (evaporate) over time ... However, if you are suspicious about the rate of this, check if there are any wet spots (ie needle valve, bubble counter lid ...).

I would assume, the gas is going into your tank ...right?

It is normal that some water from the bubble counter disappear (evaporate) over time ... However, if you are suspicious about the rate of this, check if there are any wet spots (ie needle valve, bubble counter lid ...).

I would assume, the gas is going into your tank ...right?

HI Milan.....yes the gas is going into the tank.

The water is leaking out of the bottom of the bubble counter. I can see that there are some threads where the bubble counter attaches to the regulator, although even with my glasses on it is tough to see. I am going to try to remove the bubble counter from the bottom and use some teflon tape on the threads. I will keep you posted on my progress !!

You are correct, the bubble counter screws onto the needle valve ... You may want to take it apart and inspect for any cracks, or any other thread damage ... I've never looked at it closely, but there also may be a sort of a seal (ie O-ring, washer ...) .. If the thread is cracked, the only fix that comes to my mind is a bit of teflon tape wrapped around the thread with a cable-tie tightened around the bubble counter base. The other option would be a warranty claim.

Once again, due to evaporation, the water level in the bubble counter, where the water is bubble-agitated, drops much faster then it would in still water. This is normal. Usually I fill mine up to about 2/3 of the volume, and refill when it drops to about 1/5. This happens in about a week.