Lighting

KTV

Well, if you guys have been following up with my Co2 thread, I discovered my problem isn't really Co2 but rather more so lighting(probably Co2 as well). Over the weekend I invested some money into 3 electrical ballasts and ghetto rigged my canopy to power 3 - 48" flourescent tubes, all over driven, at 1.7x the light out put on each of those 40W bulbs I'm estimating about ~200W total on my tank. I did notice an improvement in my java ferns and banana plants this morning, the leaves are deffinately greener and I can see another leaf sprouting from my banana plant.

I hope the two swords I have will recover - one is barely alive and the other one has holes in all of the leaves.

I also purchases som Seachem Iron and will be removing the carbon from my filter and dosing the tank with some iron suplement.

Wish me luck again.

BTW. The DIY Co2 generator smells like a drunk hobo from the Cecil, I think I might throw it away.

BTW.  The DIY Co2 generator smells like a drunk hobo from the Cecil, I think I might throw it away.

lol! Stinky and they are alot of work too, that's for sure... :) For you, with a 110 gallon tank, I'd suggest you don't bother as well. You would need 4 or 5 DIY CO2 kits going to make a real good difference to that much water... :) If you are willing to spontaneously spend to get the lights fixed up, why not try a DIY commercial CO2 system too... :) Btw, do you have any pictures of your setup you could post?