Wild Caught Placidochromis sp."phenochilus tanzania"

124079047_c3bbbb2af6.jpg

124079048_99d1fbcfe0.jpg

124079049_925a917354.jpg

124079050_8c46e95b5b.jpg

124079051_4dfdbe325a.jpg

124079214_8c5ee84ab9.jpg

124079215_a1ec482341.jpg

I tried something new on my camera tonight. THink its better. I will have to keep playing with it though..

Very nice pictures Gina, though I do have a few suggestions.

The first would be, when doing a profile series on a fish like this try to limit yourself to choosing the three best pictures and instead present them in a larger format. I would suggest 800 pixels as a reasonable width, as it suits most peoples screen resolutions.

I fear that some of your crops look a bit tight, or at least uneven. The intent of cropping aquatics should be twofold, to better highlight the subject and present a more pleasing composition. A bit more room can do wonders towards presenting the fish more dramatically.

Also, when cropping make an attempt to keep your proportions constant! Not all of the pictures you have posted here have the same dimensions. I personally always keep the same ratio of a standard-photograph when I crop and would suggest similar. It also helps you learn how to better frame your shots in the first place so cropping becomes less necessary.