My Rams spawned....

k9outfit

Here's the deal...

My German Blue Rams spawned a while ago, I put the rock with the eggs in a jar of RO water and hatched them. Once they were free swimming, I made a fatal error by dumping them out of the RO jar water into tank water too quickly; but 2 of the fry survived. Since I've never had German Blue Ram fry before, I didn't make too much of the fact that they didn't quite look like what I had expected. But today, I had a real good look at them, and they're WHITE CLOUD fry! :o :shock: :o So, how the heck did they show up????? I do have a pair of them as dithers, but....

The male Ram is extremely protective of the eggs - 'til they become wrigglers, and as such, snacks. Regardless, there's no way the White Clouds could have mixed their spawn in with the Rams'. Could they have spawned in the Java Moss at basically the same time? But then, why would only 2 survive if they were acclimated to the tank water? Are White Clouds egg scatterers?