Breeding Land Snails as feeders?

I bought two landsnails from Arctic geckos at the reptile show this weekend. They're hermaphrodites, so they will lay eggs. I only want to keep a few dozen eggs, but if I was to keep them all, do you think I could use the 4mm hatchlings as feeders for my puffers and cichlids?

Achatina fulica, yes? The hatchlings would be fine for the puffers, at least. How big are the ones you bought (and how much did you pay, just out of curiousity)? They need to be reasonably mature to start producing eggs.

Well apparantly they have hundreds of eggs so I was just thinking, instead of destroying some of the eggs ( I don't think i would be able to rehome hundreds of snails!) I could use them as feeders. I bought them at the ERAS show, they were 15 dollars each but I got my second one for 10 dollars. They're awesome, I like that I don't have to cut up their food. hahaha. I threw a corn in the cob in there and by the next day it was pretty much gone! :D They're so active, and don't leave silver trails like slugs. I'm really happy I bought them! The smaller one has a 2.5 inch shell and the other is 4 inchs.

Now I want some exotic slugs! -roll-

I bought them at the ERAS show, they were 15 dollars each but I got my second one for 10 dollars.

Not a half-bad price.

They're awesome, I like that I don't have to cut up their food. hahaha. I threw a corn in the cob in there and by the next day it was pretty much gone!

Istead of grains, like corn, try dark leaf lettuces (like romaine, endive, and red/green leaf lettuce), carrots, beans, squashes, etc...but stay away from spinach, onions, cabbages, celery....broccoli is OK, but smells awful after about 36 hours. Lots of colour in their diet is great for good shell colour, and you can feed edible flowers, like nasturniums, too. Make sure to toss in a cuttle-bone or two for them to chew on as well....its very important for their calcium requirements.

The smaller one has a 2.5 inch shell and the other is 4 inchs.

Still small, eh? Just wait until you see how much they can eat when they are at a 6"-8" shell length. LOL

Now I want some exotic slugs! -roll-

How bout a nice big banana slug or three?