The Saga Begins!!!

So I have officially taken the plunge.

Below are the photo's to prove it!!

So what i have is a 50 gallon tank, a Won Brother 2 Titanium heater, an aqua C Remora Pro with pre skimmer box, some power heads (hoping to get some SEIO 820's at a reasonalbe price), some Seachem reef salt and the pride and joy, my Sunlight Supply Maristar MH fixture ... a total of 578 watts. Inside ar 2 - 39 watt geissmann t-5 actinics and 2 - 250 watt 14,500K geissman DE MH bulbs. This is running off of a Blue Wave VII ballast.

I can't get over the clarity ... Already the tank is just about to start cycling and i am already hooked and probably will never go back to freshwater again ....

I am going to keep the tank a bare bottom tank (unless the wife tells me otherwise) ... WoW ... i am still in MAJOR shock.

post-245-1150959329_thumb.jpg

Edited by SerLunchbox

Congrats! I just turned to the dark side a few months ago with a 55 gallon SW and have been very happy with it so far.

I've also got a Remora Pro on my tank, but what is a pre skimmer box?

Any plans yet for what type of fish or corals you plan to keep?

Nelson

The pre skimmer box just helps reduce the amount of micro bubbles that MAY make it back into the tank.

Corals i know that i want the following:

Frogspawn

White Pom Pom Xenia (I believe)

a blue and purple ricordia

for fish .. the only 2 i know i want is a Kaudern Cardinalfish and a clown fish (one for me and one for my wife). Other then that, i have some ideas but that is about it.

The pre-skimmer box sounds like an interesting idea. I'll have to look into that. Fewer microbubbles would be a definate plus, it would sure make photography easier.

And good choice in fish, I really like the look of the Bangai/Kaudern Cardinalfish and was considering them myself. I ended up getting two Pyjama Cardinalfish instead, also very cool.