large daylight CF bulbs in calgary?

eurostar

Biggets available @ HD or Rona are the 23W Philips Daylight bulbs as far as a screw-type mount. They are about $12 for a two-pack, though to meet your wattage requirements.

The ballasts on these things get pretty warm and they are HUGE in size, so check carefully in your specific application to make sure you have cooling available and room to mount them. Just an option for you.

2 other bulbs i have had success with are a hydroponic bulb from the "Hothouse" just up the hill from Riverfront on Edmonton trail ($18) and the GE daylight bulb from home depot ($8). Both kept god color and intensity. That being siad I really like my bulb from Riverfront as it seemed to stay in the correct spectrum and not lose intensity as fast as the other bulbs.

Kevin

2 other bulbs i have had success with are a hydroponic bulb from the "Hothouse" just up the hill from Riverfront on Edmonton trail ($18)

Good point...that would be "Quick Grow" hydroponic shop...they probably carry the higher-watt screw-in CFs too.

2 other bulbs i have had success with are a hydroponic bulb from the "Hothouse" just up the hill from Riverfront on Edmonton trail ($18) and the GE daylight bulb from home depot ($8). Both kept god color and intensity. That being siad I really like my bulb from Riverfront as it seemed to stay in the correct spectrum and not lose intensity as fast as the other bulbs.

Kevin

You are right - it was Quickgrow. Just to clarify, their bulbs have "good color and intensity" and not "God color and intensity".

The "God color and intensity" only comes out if you are really into hydroponics - if you know what I mean!

Kevin

Kevin

You are right - it was Quickgrow. Just to clarify, their bulbs have "good color and intensity" and not "God color and intensity".

The "God color and intensity" only comes out if you are really into hydroponics - if you know what I mean!

Kevin

HHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM that SMOKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!