Dying Blue Crayfish ?

Aaron

I have a Blue Crayfish, and he seems to be loosing a bit of his deep blue color, never comes out at all during the day, and last night, when he came out (when the lights went out) I noticed he was at the edges, looking depserate to get out.

There are a few tetras and danios in his tank, which are all doing just fine, so I dont think its a water quality issue.

I use aquarium salt, kind of just started using it, and also changed their habitat around, added some more rocks, driftwood, ect, so he has some good spots to hide, and it has been changed now for a few weeks so any stress associated with that would have passed.

But, is using aquarium salt with a crayfish a bad idea?

Maybe underfeeding him?

Why does he look like he wants out, hides now all day, and appears (maybe its just me) to be losing some color??

Help!

Crays do not need salt in the water. Never tried it myself. Cray changes colour (slightly) everytime they moult. Mine would be super blue and then just be lighter after a moult. But it will not change from blue to brown or anything drastic like that.

Crays are escape artist just make sure ALL holes are sealed. I would stop adding salt as well.

Just my two cents.

Js