plants in bags

ABwildrose

Hrm I thought I already posted a reply to this... Damn computers - making me retype stuff...

Putting the plants in the bag w/ some water and air - generally you'll get 24ish hours of life before things really start dieing. Watch for those temp swings - they'll kill things in a hurry, so make sure they're in an insulated box (cooler etc).

Pack em properly for shipping, and you're good with most plants for up to 4-7 days. Wrap them in damp paper towel, ziplock, remove most of the air. Keep them out of light, and in a temperature controlled environment.

Damp paper towel requires some explanation - Too much water, and they'll turn to mush, not enough and they'll dry out and die. You want enough water that the towel is wet, but not water pooling at the bottom, or so much that the paper turns to mush. It's a fine line and even after shipping over 100 packages this summer I still had a few ooops's.

Hope that helps,

Andy

Oh-Oh...I read this too late. They still appeared to be ok at the auction. I hope they don't turn to mush on some poor unsuspecting buyer. I was going to just put a tiny bit of water in...but decided to put extra water in them. I hope that wasn't a mistake. They were in the dark in a styrofoam cooler...so the temp was stable and they didn't get cold.