When I was a noobie....

Murminator

Thanks Murray, maybe I'll take you up on that someday when I'm coming to Edmonton.

I just started my two little reefs within about the last 4 months. I'm starting to wish I hadn't - they're so fascinating they are causing me to somewhat neglect my FW tanks. Anyways, I'm so happy with the way they're going, the changes from day to day never cease to amaze me. Things are going so well I maybe in the situation to supply some corals before not too long as well.

I've got Colt coral, green star polyps, many different types of buttons, sunflower coral and a few others I can't think of now. The colt coral is growing like a weed, and the green star polyps have multiplied and are now colonizing new areas of the tanks.

It would be especially nice to be able to start a little trading network in the Red Deer area since there are no stores here which handle marine livestock.

For those of you starting out with SW and the fascinating world of growing corals, here's a bit of advice. When I first got my bare-bones tank I was amazed at the corals I was able to keep. I have far from an ideal reef but some things just kept growing anyway. And growing, and growing.

Keep things like gsp, xenia, (anything that does too well in your tank) on a piece of rock seperate from your main structure. This way you can enjoy them and place them pretty much where you want but not end up with too much of a good thing.