Magnum Hot...

Oxquo

I just hooked up My magnum hot...... Just a sec..... Yeah it's running, okay here goes. Love it, love it and love it!!! I got it for two reasons. one is for extra current and clean water for spawning My sterbai, second is just to polish water from tank to tank. I love almost everything about it, except... there is always and exception. The little spray outlets kinda blow in more ways than one. The design is a bit flaky and cheap. But buying a diatom filter unit for $60.00 brand new hurts my feelings not. I didn't get the bio-wheel since I find it to be Marineland's most useless gimmick, it's not Scottish, so it must be Cr@#. I love the ease of maintenance, especially the clip to hold it together, unlike the fluval, I didn't break the clip on the first run,lol. It ran on My filthy dovii tank (which is cleaned and waterchanged every second day, but he's a pig) for 1/2 hour and the water looks great. It won't really pick up the big poo of course but they say You can hook a vaccuum up to it for that, it did though remove the billion scales and particles in the tank left over from poo and feeders. I love this filter. On My cory spawning tank I will run carbon not the diatom and have quite a bit more experimenting to do with it such as hooking up the gravel vaccuum but It is a super cool design and a nice quiet effective filter. I never bought one before because of the price tag here. I got Mine at Kensfish and won't regret it, I think I will buy a few more. It would be nice to run this as a secondary filter to the wet/dry on My 180 flowerhorn tank. I will also be running a large 500 watt WON heater from Kensfish, I like the titanium for bulldog heater breakers like flowerhorns and the outside controls are nice if Your fish is having a pissy day. Good stuff from Ken again. By the way He will also be bringing in Seachem Iron on Friday for those who use it and like to add their iron separate like Me.

Looking for a cool filter? Magnum Hot is a pretty sweet package. Wet Your seals before assembly though... I read that after I sprayed Myself.

I read You there, the last big diatom i had was the same way. Using filter mode first for the larger particles worked better. I even like the filter part of it though, whether carbon or amrid it holds a good supply of it and the water flows over it nicely. I like the design a tonne and My cory sterbai are already starting their spawning dance. If I spent $60.00 just to spawn My cories, it would be money well spent. How much use I will get out of the diatom though is still unknown. It is a nice cross between canister and power which I like but the flow diversion on it can make it much more effective as a normal HOB filter pushes down on the water and it takes along time for it to capture particles, this you can create a swirl which uses the flow to push the debris to the filter. I did find though that hanging My AC500 on the side of the tank worked alot better in cleaning than normal fashion. I guess it's just preference. I guess I could use My pond vaccuum just as easy and it may even be quicker at 2,000 gph but I don't know if it would get as clear, the turbulence may blow the fish out as well as I can't adjust it below 1,000 gph cause I broke the knob on it. Aside from that it wouldn't be practical. For the cash though, so far it has done a real nice job. I prefer it way over the old fluvals but see change in the new ones that may change My mind. For now, I am liking this guy a tonne.