My Dovii is a chick and spawning with My Red Devil

Oxquo

I thought they were guys, I thought wrong, My Dovii's tuber is out and My Red devil is flirting with her. Wholly Smack!!! At first they tried to kill one another through the divider, even found a tooth in the egg crating. Now she's out and about and schmoozing the red devil like no tomorrow, both thingers are out and ready to rock. Question is, will I raise them??? Yep. Will I sell them? Nope. But I can't resist seeing the results. I am damn excited!!! I've gone from a hybrid hater to an owner of devil/dovii crosses, blood parrot and two flowerhorns on the way. It's not that I prefer hybrids, well then again, if I get a red devil personality with dovii size and choppers, that may change. Aside from that there will be alot of feeders for My venustus.

Not yet but I think they will, maybe not all of them but I'll let them try. Last weird pairing I had was convict/firemouth, they were pretty blah. These would be deadly. I do have a bud that accidentally did Festae and his Dovii. He only got about 50 good fry out of a tonne of eggs. He destroyed them all when He discovered that the Young were breeding, thought they'd be sterile. I think it is the male that should be pure strain then even if the female was a hybrid her eggs would get fertillized. time will tell what happens though. Personally there are much better fish to breed but these are two of My favorite fish.

So far the eggs are still good aside from a here and there clump of bad. Th Red Devil has had nothing to do with them since. I think unless a huge fungus takes over them, there should be a few okay. I can't even begin to gues how many eggs but maybe 1,000 including the white ones. We'll see where it goes, this freak of nature pairing has got My full attention until then. Maybe the male will eat the fry as neither of them has ever had fry before. I put the two together so they would be active, both are just still doing nothing, I kinda wish they were males again.

• 2 weeks later...