Hello All

FishManTy

Hello everyone.

Bit about myself eh?... Im currently taking Engineering at Mount Royal College, been into fish for 2 years or so now. Great hobby, very addictive. Started with a 5.5 gallon, led to a 30gallon, which led to 3 33gallons, 4 10gallons, and my most recent 150gallon.

My tanks: (only the ones currently filled)

5.5 gallon --planted-- few guppies, Bronze Cory, and a baby Ghost knife waiting to be moved to a friends 29gallon --- Fluorscent lights, Co2 system, AC mini

10gallon #1: 4 small angels and Bronze Cory---sponge filter

10gallon #2: Fry tank. In a net I got 8 Electric yellows (1cm) and 2 peacocks (1cm). In the tank, Bronze Cory, 8 Ob Peacocks (2cm), 5 electric blue (2.5cm), and about 20 1.5cm electric yellows. (Overstocked a bit, but electric yellows are for sale, for best offer) --- spounge filter

30gallon: 4 red-shoulder Peacocks, 1 gold nugget pleco ---eclipse 3 system

33gallon: breeding group of Electric yellows. 2m, 2f. --- fluval 404

150gallon: mostly Electric Yellows and clownloaches (Most people disagree with the loaches in there... But they have been problem free... so please, just PM me if you're concerned). Few electric blues, red zebras, albino zebras... peacocks... reg Pleco... Lots --- has overflow to a 33gallon sump, with a mag-drive 1200, and a Fluval 4 plus inside to get water moving upward. Tank is filled with Val. (Still alive some how), driftwood, and lava rock.

As some of you may have noticed... I don't use specific names for my fish, mostly because I don't remember them. Im working on transferring my whole vocab over to specific names...

I live in S.E. Calgary, Bonavista to be extact. Anyone else in or near Bonavista?

Seems like a great forum! Local! just what I've been looking for!!!

Ty

:welcome:

Welcome to the board:

Here is a little help with:

As some of you may have noticed... I don't use specific names for my fish, mostly because I don't remember them. Im working on transferring my whole vocab over to specific names...
10gallon #2: Fry tank. In a net I got 8 Electric yellows (1cm) and 2 peacocks (1cm). In the tank, Bronze Cory, 8 Ob Peacocks (2cm), 5 electric blue (2.5cm), and about 20 1.5cm electric yellows. (Overstocked a bit, but electric yellows are for sale, for best offer) --- spounge filter

Scentific names:

- Labidochromis caeruleus = Electric yellows

- Aulonocara sp. = peacocks

- Aulonocara ''OB Peacock Hybrid'' = Ob Peacocks

- Sciaenochromis fryeri = electric blue

150gallon: mostly Electric Yellows and clownloaches (Most people disagree with the loaches in there... But they have been problem free... so please, just PM me if you're concerned). Few electric blues, red zebras, albino zebras... peacocks... reg Pleco... Lots --- has overflow to a 33gallon sump, with a mag-drive 1200, and a Fluval 4 plus inside to get water moving upward. Tank is filled with Val. (Still alive some how), driftwood, and lava rock.

Scentific names:

- Sciaenochromis fryeri = electric blue

- Metriaclima zebra = red zebras

- Metriaclima zebra "Albino" = albino zebras

I think most of those are correct, you can double check and compare at this site:

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/index.php

Cheers,