No idea what caused this

Picasso Trigger

OK well a while ago my convict cichlid kicked the bucket (not unusual I have had a couple go carpet surfing and one that borrowed its way under an ornament and starved to death) but the symptoms of this ones death were strange it scared me first I notice that it had fin rot on its anal fin then I notice it has the beginnings of ick then I notice two open sores on its body one directly above the other I don't know what that was. then I realise that hes bleeding from the gills so I was pissed I took him out and put him into a hospital tank the opperculum ended up going into the fishes skull on both sides now normally thiss enough would make me consider euthanising the fish but my dad said no so it went into convulsions and died what could have caused this and why didn't it effect my oscar or pleco as well

Seems like maybe the Oscar was hanging a licking on it. were these things happening suddenly?

actually the oscar never took a go at him the convict which was 1/3 the size of my oscar kicked hs @$$ almost all the time the convict atually sent the oscar carpet surfing (luckily the oscar survived)