Fin Discoloration???

thefishdude

Ive got two albino tigers that are about four inches in length in my 90 gal tank. They have developed a dark greyish black discoloration on their fins. Both Fish - All Fins & Tail. All my levels are stable and they seem to be eating OK. My substrate is frosty black gravel; could this be the issue? Is the black paint coming off and showing up in the white fins of my albinos? :well: :well:

It has been observed that some fish will respond to their environment/colors.

albino tigers, as in the oscars[?].

If, as you say you water parametrs are normal.. what do you consider normal[??].

Could you please post the pH, no3 numbers. anything is possible.

If your gravel substrate is of a high quality - can you see any colouring comming of the gravel]??]. some artifical substrate can leach their un-natural faux colors.

What other fish are in with them.

There are so many questions necessary to understand what may be the cause.

Please be as helpful as possible; so we can be of help.

Have you noticed any other behaviour that may raise a red flag[??].

Are these the same that were attacked by the africans ?

Smokey

is it like a splochy grey? kindof like ich but really condenced so it looks solid? if so then uh oh

my peramiters where normal and my oscar had these symptoms the next day well.... :cry:......poor chukels

I have two albino's in with a regular tiger O. The albino's are showing the discoloration on the finnage but no signs on the tiger. Definately not ich. The discoloration started a few days after I put them into my 90. No splotches, no raised areas. Just a greyish tint, that is slightly worse on their underside fins which was what led me to believe that it might be the gravel I'm using....